Tuesday, November 23, 2010

stuff to smile about :)


So recently things have been on the gloomy side for me.

Climbing was the only sure thing I knew I had - which is great, and I love it, and am a tad obsessed with it... but it doesn't pay bills etc...

Well today things turned around for me... I was coming to the last few weeks of a 10 month contract to cover maternity leave and the girl I'm covering is coming back, despite major efforts to find another job - I was looking at joining the ever growing dole queues and moving back into my Dad's house for the first time in about 7 years...

The co op would have gone, trips away climbing would have gone...

January sure was looking bleak for me...

So the boss calls me into his office today...

Sternly

and I was shitting it! I though I was in trouble... for what, I didn't know...

He says - you can relax...

I sat back in the chair.

He continued - We'd like to offer you a year's extension on your contract...

I sat forward again.

He went on...

I can't offer you much of a pay rise (my head started spinning) but we hope xxxx amount will be enough for you to want to stay with us...

ehhhh...

(nope, can't speak, tears are rolling down my cheeks... ) feel like such a girl!!

so the boss says... maybe you can send me an email confirming your interest!

I nodded...

SUCH a girl!

He smiled at me and said it was a pleasure having me and the company couldn't let me go... as if to add fuel to the tears now spilling down my cheeks...

So job secure, climbing secure for another year...

It's been a good day.

So now, I have climbing, I have a job and I have two free tickets to Taste of Christmas on Sunday...


A good day indeed!!

2 comments: